The Alberta Real Estate Heritage Website is a multimedia resource with a range of content including text, images, audio and video. This capacity makes it a truly archival resource that addresses the needs of both formal and life-long learners. The Heritage Community Foundation is pleased to make these resources accessible.
- Audio - The Heritage Community Foundation is pleased to make available a number of 3-minute
radio documentaries on different aspects of the development of Alberta's communities, their historic
buildings and architectural heritage. These are part of the Heritage Trail series developed by the
CKUA Radio Network Inc. and freelance producer and writer Cheryl Croucher with funding support from
the Alberta Historical Resources Foundation.
- Feature Article Database -
To enrich the content of the Alberta's Real Estate Heritage website, the
Heritage Community Foundation has obtained permission from authors and publishers to make a range of
articles available. The majority have been written by Lawrence Herzog, freelance writer, photographer
and broadcaster, and the foremost writer on Edmonton's real estate heritage.
- Landmark Buildings and Places Database -
The Landmark Buildings and Places database makes accessible a range of landmark buildings, that is, buildings that are significant because of their age, renown of their architects and builders, function, uniqueness, building material and style, and other factors that motivate municipal, provincial and/or federal designation.
- Oral Histories - This section includes
vignettes from oral history interviews with real estate pioneers.
- Photo Archive - This section is a
searchable database of photographs pertaining to Alberta's real estate heritage.
- Video - Video vignettes drawn from archival and community sources will make Alberta's real estate heritage come alive.
- Newspaper Clippings - The section contains a gallery of real estate advertisements from Edmonton newspapers in 1905, 1950, and 1955.
- Educational Interactives - Here you can listen to audio files about Real Estate, complete some word puzzles regarding buildings and their parts, and view some pictures of prime pieces of Real Estate. Elementary students may need some help with the words for the Styles of Architecture word search. These interactives are from the Doors Open Edukit.