Aboriginal Training Initiatives is an 8 month custom-designed culturally sensitive training program that provides industry with leading edge professional interactive media technicians.
This program is an innovative approach to training, work experience and employability that focuses on labour market needs and trends.
It is unique on-the-job training that is needed for an effective transition from classroom to workplace
- Part 1 of our program consists of instruction on the NAIT campus.
- Web Design
- Web Application Development
- Flash MX
- Part 2 consists of practical application, work experience and portfolio development via one-on-one mentoring with industry professionals at the Heritage Community Foundation.
- Additional instruction by the Heritage Community Foundation, a national leader in website development, graphic design and database design includes the following:
- Team Building
- Office Culture
- Interviewing and Oral History Techniques
- Researching and Writing for the Web
- Self Esteem
- Video and Still Photography
- Business Communication
- Employability Awareness and Development
- Integration of Elders and other Enrichment Resources