About this Site
The Heritage Community Foundation is a charitable Trust (Charitable Number: 870822541 RR0001) committed to connecting people with heritage. As a new kind of community foundation, it is not bound by geography, but based on interest in the value of heritage for individuals, their communities, and society.
The Foundation has received recognition for its state-of-the-art programs involving new technology and experiential learning. Working collaboratively with both public and private sector partners, the Foundation seeks support not only for its own flagship programs but also for those of partners and stakeholders at local, regional, provincial, and national levels.
The Foundation’s goal is for heritage to be valued by everyone. Heritage is broadly defined in all its aspects- historical, natural, cultural, scientific, and technological. The Foundation exits:
- To be a strong public voice for heritage
- To build individual and community identity and pride through research, public education, and youth programs
- To build resources to sustain heritage institutions, organizations, and related projects and activities.
The Heritage Community Foundation has the following primary areas of interested based on its charitable objects: Educational Resource Creation, Research, Digital Technology, and Experiential Learning. All programs link people with place, stories, objects, landscapes, traditions- all of those aspects that define us as individuals and communities.
For more information, please visit our organizational site: Heritage Community Foundation
The Project Team
- Adriana A. Davies, Ph.D., Executive Director and Editor-in-Chief of the Alberta Online Encyclopedia
- Nena Jocic-Andrejevic, Interim General Manager
- Win Aungkyaw, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Flewwelling, Curriculum Instructional Designer and Digitization Team Leader
- William Maw, Systems Administrator and Senior Programmer
- Chace Groves, Webmaster
- Rachelle Drouin, Assistant Editor
- Marla Epp, Research Intern
- Crystal Hansen, Technical Intern
- Kayle Wert, Technical Intern
Copyright © 2005 Heritage Community Foundation. All Rights Reserved