We have four tests of your knowledge. The
first is printed below, and the answers follow. The other three have
been developed by the Canadian national
Aboriginal newspaper “Windspeaker”.
Go to their website and take one of the quizzes at
There are three parts, getting more difficult as you advance.
Life on the Trap line
- Who are the bush people?
- Where are the traditional lands of the bush people?
- What is a bush persons’ home residence?
- Describe the bush people’s philosophy regarding “the land.”
- What does running a trap line involve?
- Where would a hunter-trapper build a home? Why?
- Give two examples of a cloven hoofed animal.
- Give an example of an animal that provides white meat.
- What was the use for a “flusher?”
- Why was wolf or dog meat only eaten in emergencies?
- What is one use of bear fat?
- Define the following terms: You may need to use the Glossary section of the
- Trap line
- Line Cabin