Incorporated on 1 November 1904, this was one of several Southern
Alberta telephone companies—such as Pincher Creek Telephone Company,
and Farmers’ Water and Telephone Company of Cardston—to establish an
intention to provide service to communities, but ultimately fail to
follow through on telephony.
In fact, the small company that came closest to offering
telephone service in this period was located in Olds. "Telephone
communication has been established between Inglis Livery Stable and
the St. Georges Hotel," reported The Olds Oracle on 2 November 1902.
However, according to Tony Cashman’s Singing Wires, the plan by
hardware merchants Earl and Wolfe to extend the system to every part
of town was doomed to failure.
Copyright © 2004
Heritage Community Foundation and
Telephone Historical Centre All Rights Reserved