The naming of Bantry Station
Click on the play button to start the audio.
The audio file size is 2.18 MB
Copyright © CKUA Radio Network Inc.
In 1883, the Canadian Pacific Railway built Bantry station about 90 kilometres northwest of Medicine Hat, and, according to historian Merrily Aubrey, railway officials looked to Ireland for their inspiration in naming the station.