Long before the discovery of oil brought Leduc into the global focus, settlers were steadily moving
westward to the frontier. Hundreds came in the early part of the twentieth century from overseas and many parts of the continent. Thriving
centres were established by the homesteaders and venturesome businessmen.
Leduc was incorporated in 1899 and was known as a good business town. The town originally functioned as a service
centre for the surrounding prosperous agricultural area. It was considered one of the best diversified farming districts of Alberta.