<
 
 
 
 
×
>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of University of Alberta using Archive-It. This page was captured on 16:27:13 Dec 08, 2010, and is part of the HCF Alberta Online Encyclopedia collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information
Heritage Community Foundation Presents
Alberta Online Encyclopedia
SitemapSearchHelpContactPartnersEdukitsHome
Resource Inventory
History of Development
Innovation and New Technology Visit Alberta Source! Heritage Community Foundation
Heritage Trails presented courtesy of CKUA Radio Network Canada's Digital Collections

Home > History of Development > Technology Through Time > Oil Sands > Separation Plant

Technology Through Time

Separation Plant

Bituminous Sand Plant, Dunvegan Yards, Edmonton, 1925.A bituminous sand separation plant was designed, constructed, and operated under the immediate charge of W. G. Jewitt. The design was based on that of the small plant successfully operated the previous year at the University. The old plant could treat half a ton of sand per hour for short periods, while the new plant was designed for steady operation and to treat one tonne per hour. The site selected was the Dunvegan Yards in Edmonton.

Alberta Research Council. [1924] Annual Report. With permission from the Alberta Research Council.

BackNext


Technology Through TimeHeroes of Resource DevelopmentPlaces to GoEarly Industry: Case StudiesLeduc: Cause and Effects


Albertasource.ca | Contact Us | Partnerships
            For more on natural resources in Alberta, visit Peel’s Prairie Provinces.
Copyright © Heritage Community Foundation All Rights Reserved