hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of University of Alberta using Archive-It. This page was captured on 16:39:11 Dec 08, 2010, and is part of the HCF Alberta Online Encyclopedia collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page.
Heritage Community Foundation Presents
Alberta Online Encyclopedia
Home   |   About Us   |   Contact Us   |   Partnerships   |   Sitemap
Central Alberta Regional Museums Network Online Catalogue

Saint Ann Ranch Country Inn Museum and Interpretive Centre

The Saint Ann Ranch Museum is located at Highway 21 and Highway 585 in Trochu, Alberta. The collection at the museum is based around the original French cavalry settlement of 1903. This includes many original buildings, such as the stopping place, a blacksmith’s shop, a post office, a 1904 log cabin, and the Sisters of Charity first hospital, school, and chapel. There is a 1905 dairy, as well as letters from 1901 to 1914 depicting life at St. Ann Ranch. The interpretive centre is housed within the original 1910 Frère residence and displays Lorene’s St. Ann Ranch research collection. There is a private collection of over 1,000 photographs at the centre. The museum celebrates special occasions in the tea house and welcomes craft groups on weekends. Tour buses are welcome on the premises, by reservation only.

The Saint Ann Ranch Museum and Interpretive Centre does not currently offer specific education programs, although tours are always available for students

Hours and Admission:
Year-round
Daily, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

$2.00 – Admission

Contact:
Saint Ann Ranch Country Inn Museum and Interpretive Centre
Box 249
Trochu, Alberta
T0M 2C0
Phone: (403) 442–3924

[Back] [Top]

Copyright © 2005 Heritage Community Foundation. All Rights Reserved

 


Albertasource.ca | Contact Us | Partnerships
            For more on Central Alberta heritage, visit Peel’s Prairie Provinces.
Copyright © Heritage Community Foundation All Rights Reserved