hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of University of Alberta using Archive-It. This page was captured on 16:39:15 Dec 08, 2010, and is part of the HCF Alberta Online Encyclopedia collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page.
Heritage Community Foundation Presents
Alberta Online Encyclopedia
Home   |   About Us   |   Contact Us   |   Partnerships   |   Sitemap
Central Alberta Regional Museums Network Online Catalogue

Trochu and District Museum

The Trochu and District Museum is located off highway 21 on River Road, then north on Arena Avenue, next to the fire hall, in Trochu. The collection at the museum includes artefacts that tell the story of the beginning of the community, including the activities of Mr. Trochu, the founder. The museum also has archives which contain Trochu Tribute newspapers dating back to 1911, and several kinds of fossils. There are many displays, including a coal mining display, a country store, a blacksmith shop, and a model of a pioneer kitchen. There is also a photograph collection. The museum serves as a Tourist Information Centre for the area.

The Trochu and District Museum does not currently offer specific education programs, however, tours based on pioneer life and the history of the community are always available for students. Contact the museum for further information.

Hours and Admission:
May – August
Tuesday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Admission by donation

Contact:
Trochu and District Museum
Box 538
315 Arena Avenue
Trochu, Alberta
T0M 2C0
Phone: (403) 442–2220/ 2529

[Back] [Top]

Copyright © 2005 Heritage Community Foundation. All Rights Reserved

 


Albertasource.ca | Contact Us | Partnerships
            For more on Central Alberta heritage, visit Peel’s Prairie Provinces.
Copyright © Heritage Community Foundation All Rights Reserved