Heritage Community Foundation Presents
Alberta Online Encyclopedia
The Business Girls Literary Club & the St. Paul Library
St. Paul's first library service began in 1935. For many years, a small group of volunteer women, known as the Business Girls Literary Club, operated the modest library moving their facilities to various donated spaces located around town, including the town hall.
As was the case with many small town libraries at the time, volunteers staffed the small library and books were donated or purchased from the proceeds of various afternoon teas and other fundraisers. The library also serviced neighbouring communities like St. Vincent. Untiring dedication on the part of the Business Girls, and later the Jaycettes, helped to build a weekly circulation of over 800 books. Today, the St. Paul Library has moved into the digital age, with a website and online catalogue.
English / Français
|Albertasource.ca | Contact Us | Partnerships
For more on the towns of St. Vincent and St. Paul, visit Peel’s Prairie Provinces.
|Copyright © Heritage Community Foundation All Rights Reserved|