A. YOUNG HOUSE The house is an imposing two-and-one-half storey brick structure, which occupies three-and-one-half lots and displays a large lawn and garden beautifully landscaped with trees and shrubs.
A.M. CAMPBELL STORE As a successful businessman and, at various times, a member of the town council and board of trade, Campbell was a prominent member of Lacombe society, and his home reflects his status.
ABERHART HOUSE This is the only private house in Alberta with the distinction of having been the home of two premiers.
AGT BUILDING The Alberta Government Telephones (AGT) Building was erected during the course of the construction spurt of the late 1920s.
ALBERTA HOTEL (CALGARY) One of Calgary’s earliest sandstone buildings, the hotel was popular among ranchers for their forays into town, and was home to a number of colorful characters who frequented its Long Bar, reputed to be the longest between Winnipeg and Hong Kong
ALEX FLEMMING RESIDENCE Alex Flemming joined the North West Mounted Police in 1881 and was initially posted to Fort Walsh.
ALLEN (PALACE) THEATRE Barney Allen and his two sons, Jules and Jay, found the first big international movie theatre circuit in 1906; it was Canadian, based in Brantford, Ontario. In 1909 they made Calgary their base of operations and opened the Allen (Strand) Theatre on 8th Avenue SE.
ARLINGTON HOTEL The Arlington Hotel was erected in 1899 by Thomas P. Ellis on the site of the former Queen's Hotel, and remained under continuous family ownership until 1969.
ARTS BUILDING On the 8th of October 1915, the Main Teaching Building was opened by Lieutenant Governor George Bulyea at a special ceremony of such length that the last three speeches had to be cancelled.