People from Germany began arriving in Alberta during the early 1880s. When the railway between Edmonton and Calgary was finished large groups of Germans began moving to the areas around Edmonton, Wetaskiwin, and Camrose. German people set up houses all over the province. By 1911 German-speaking people were the largest group of non-British settlers in the Province.
Heinrich Schultz was chairman of the school board, 1900-1905