Prairie Bible Institute began in 1922, with eight students in a small
abandoned farmhouse. Its mission was to shape lives to change the world in the
Presbyterian farmers in Alberta, challenged by God's word and the missionary needs of the world, called Leslie Maxwell to Three Hills. He became the first teacher and taught courses in Bible preparatory, personal work,
atlas. Women faculty members taught English. Most students came from and around Three Hills. Around the late 1920s, enrolment for men was greater than for women. During the summers, faculty members spoke at various camps and churches in Canada and the United States.
Many students stayed at the institute throughout the summer to work in exchange for next year's tuition. The girls would
clean rooms, help in the kitchen and garden. The male students would assist in construction projects.
Today, the Prairie Bible Institute is an inter-denominational, biblically based Christian educational institution located in Three Hills.
The primary mission of the Prairie Bible Institute is to shape students' lives through a holistic Biblical education that produces persons whose world view, lifestyle and ministry honours Christ, impacts their world and furthers the global mission of the church. The institute now attracts students from over
20 countries and has an enrolment of approximately 1,300 students.