Ardrossan farm, [circa 1930]. (PAA A.7768)
|Category : Hamlet|
Ardrossan had its beginnings in 1909 as a GTPR stop. The post office opened the same year. Miss Edmiston, a local resident, named it for a holiday resort town in Strathclyde, Scotland. The name is from the Gaelic, meaning “height of the little cape.” Now a hamlet, it is under the jurisdiction of Strathcona County.
|National Topographic System (NTS) :||83 H/11|
|The content above is directly derived from :|
|Concise Place Names of Alberta|