2425-213 Street , Bellevue
Built By: Arthur Brazzoni
Built in 1927
This building is an interesting example of later boomtown front commercial architecture. It is of wood frame and hollow brick tile construction with a stucco facade. Both the front and east facades have a stepped parapet. The decorative embellishments on the walls are a recent addition. Local contractor and businessman Arthur Brazzoni erected the building in 1927. In its early years it housed the office of notary public Fred Turner and was later a hardware store.
The Landmark Buildings and Places Database draws on the series of walking and/or driving tour booklets produced by Alberta Culture (now Alberta Culture and Community Spirit). The Heritage Community Foundation gratefully acknowledges the support of the Ministry through permission to reprint these materials online. Extracted from Crowsnest Pass Historical Driving Tour: Bellevue and Hillcrest. Alberta Culture and Multiculturalism, The Crowsnest Pass Ecomuseum Trust, and the Coal Association of Canada, 1990, with permission from Alberta Culture and Community Spirit. Visit the Alberta Culture and Community Spirit for more information.