|Category : Locality|
This locality originated in 1915 as a siding on the CPR’s Stirling subdivision. The Bingen post office opened in 1913 but moved to Nemiskam in 1916. Directly north of it was located Nemiskam National Park. In operation as an antelope reserve from 1915, it was created as a dominion park in 1922 and operated into the 1950s. The name is believed to be of Aboriginal origin, and may mean “between two coulees,” which would be descriptive of its location between the Chin Coulee on the north and Etzikom Coulee on the south. It may also relate to the act of finding something.
|National Topographic System (NTS) :||72 E/6|
|The content above is directly derived from :|
|Concise Place Names of Alberta|