hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of University of Alberta using Archive-It. This page was captured on 21:20:13 Dec 08, 2010, and is part of the HCF Alberta Online Encyclopedia collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page.

Heritage Community Foundation Presents
Alberta Online Encyclopedia


Goodfare

Category : Locality
 

Established as a post office in April 1919, after the residents petitioned for postal service, the name Goodfair was chosen, being descriptive of the area, the name was changed to the current spelling since there was already a Goodfair post office in Saskatchewan. John Third was the first postmaster. The area was originally known as Kempton.

Approximately 55 km west of Grande Prairie.

Location Name : Hythe
National Topographic System (NTS) : 83 M/5
 
Sub Section | Section | Township | Range | Meridian
4-25-72-12-W6
 
Latitude (N) | Longitude (W)
55° 16' N 119° 43' W
 
The content above is directly derived from :
Place Names of Alberta - Volume IV
Northern Alberta

[Top] [Back]

Albertasource.ca | Contact Us | Partnerships
            For more on place names of Alberta, visit Peel’s Prairie Provinces.

Copyright © Heritage Community Foundation All Rights Reserved