Office of the Registrar and Student Awards
Bear Tracks is an interactive web-based service for applicants and students that can be used to monitor and update the status of users’ University admission, registration, graduation, academic and financial records, and other information.
The Office of the Registrar and Student Awards provides academic services and information to students and to the campus community. Its extensive list of services includes:
- providing information about the U of A to prospective students, parents, high school counsellors, and the public;
- administering, promoting, and disbursing scholarships for incoming and continuing undergraduate students;
- receiving undergraduate applications for admission, collecting all required documents in support of applications, evaluating undergraduate applications for admission, and communicating outcomes to prospective students;
- maintaining an accurate record of each student's academic progress and providing official transcripts and certification of these records;
- assessing undergraduate and graduate tuition and general fees;
- compiling timetables for all examinations;
- publishing the University Calendar;
- coordinating all aspects of Convocation; and
- providing online services through Bear Tracks.
Another popular online site is the Bears Den Online Community site. Each Tuesday and Thursday afternoon from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MST), the Bears Den helps students connect with the U of A community through student blogs, e-newsletters, podcasts about faculties, student services, programs and events, monthly chat rooms, discussion boards, and live chats with University representatives.
|Registrars of the University of Alberta|
|2007–||Gerry Kendal (Acting)|
|1984–2002||Brian J. Silzer|
|1980–1984||William A. Blanchard|
|1978–1979||Lynn P. Morgan (Acting)|
|1956–1978||Alexander D. Cairns|
|1946–1956||Geoffrey B. Taylor|
|1928–1946||Albert Edward Ottewell|
|1927–1928||Ernest Wilson Sheldon (Acting)|
|1910–1927||Cecil Ethelbert Race|