1. The domain name & address will still be www.roadstarclinic.com
- vBulletin handles several top level domains such as this, they have a list on their website of them for customers who have agreed to let them advertise this.
2. Gram will still own the domain/URL address & probably always will, unless he gives or sells it to someone else. It is entirely his property.
3. There's no reason if the site hosting is being paid for, that funds couldn't also cover the $25/year or so it takes for domain name registration (this is separate from hosting the actual site or traffic costs if applicable)
4. The current site really has no safe or secure way to continue. We would have a link to the old site already archived in secure read-only format at webarchive.com. You can use their free archive to search & read the RSC all the way back to 2004. Since this is a permanent & free service, I see no reason for us to maintain another version, especially since we can so easily link to it on the new forum.
5. We can set up a non-profit but that wouldn't happen in time to get it all done by Feb 28. This would also require an actual bank account to handle funds. I can take payments on the RRPS store account for now & pay all the bills - at least for now. All donors will get a store receipt for their 'purchase' via email in PDF format or if they request one, a paper receipt mailed to them for the cost of postage.
7. I suggest nobody makes a large individual donation until we give about 5~7 days to collect an equal amount from all contributors. If we meet the goal this way there is no reason for anyone to pay $100-$250. We have a few VERY generous members who have offered to do this. I'd rather take them up on it only if needed, not simply just because it's on the table.
I'm not sure yet how far out we can pay for cloud service. I'll find this out today.
I know we can pay domain registration out to 5 years in advance, maybe as much as 7 years.
This depends on the domain registrant.