<
 
 
 
 
×
>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Road Star Clinic using Archive-It. This page was captured on 23:21:13 Feb 23, 2018, and is part of the Road Star Clinic Closure collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

This is an archived version of the Road Star Clinic. The Road Star Clinic can now be found at www.roadstarclinic.com. Please join us there!

Road Star Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Another idea.
#1028213
Father_Pobasturd (User)
VENI VIDI VICI
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4980
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Buckeye, Arizona Birthdate: 1961-09-11
Another idea. 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
I think the deletion of the Non-Motorcycle Topics and the Miscellaneous forum threads would go a long way towards any future arguments about God or Trump. We wouldn't have to endure anymore How Bob Replaced the Water Pump on his 1974 Ford Pick-up threads either. After all, it's a motorcycle site, right? Stick to the subject. Of course, the bikes don't often break, so if people only come here for tech, the census will be even lower than it is now. But, if that keeps people from getting their precious little feelings hurt, then it must be done. It's like those kid's baseball leagues where every kid gets a trophy win or lose. I get the feeling we have a few of those kids here. I don't buy the theory that a few bad apples ruined the site. The site is dying because the bikes died. Of course there will always be a handful of mavens struggling to "keep the dream alive", but that's the extent.

At least one of the Mods had the balls to call out the site-killing (in his opinion) perpetrator in open forum, and I applaud him for it. Right or wrong, at least he took a stand. This place was so vibrant, so alive before. We played games, had treasure hunts, and there was a general sense of camaraderie that made you want to come back for more. The thing is, even in the nastiest of debates, no one actually got hurt! It's just tiny little words on a computer screen guys. The epitome of a third world problem.


 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028214
smokescreens (User)
lifes better riding twins
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 17430
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: harrison twp,  mi Birthdate: 1982-08-26
Re:Another idea. 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
I dont mind the non mc or miss threads. I have the willpower to not reply if i dont like what i see. Lets face it, If you feel a certain way that i disagree with it still has no bearing on my life outside of that moment.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028215
MidwestMike (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4779
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Another idea. 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
See,
it's not the subject of the thread...
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028221
MikeyC (User)
Gold Boarder
Posts: 681
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Albany, Oregon
Re:Another idea. 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
smokescreens wrote:
I dont mind the non mc or miss threads. I have the willpower to not reply if i dont like what i see. Lets face it, If you feel a certain way that i disagree with it still has no bearing on my life outside of that moment.

I 100% agree with Smokes. and What kind of treasure hunts, that sounds fun.
 
Logged Logged  
 

Life is tough,
Its even tougher if your stupid.
John Wayne
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028223
Shores (User)
Go getchur scooter!
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 6961
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Puyallup, WA
Re:Another idea. 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
A little ADHD and OCD goin on here don’t cha think? How may “RSC is closing down and what should we do” threads do we need guys?
 
Logged Logged  
 
Last Edit: 2018/01/31 18:41 By Shores.
 

The west is the best - Jim Morrison
Photo by GreenMachine
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028227
roadiemort (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7904
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Another idea. 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Shores wrote:
A little ADHD and OCD goin on here don’t cha think? How may “RSC is closing down and what should we do” threads do we need guys? I think we should all start one telling how this site closing will impact our life giving us more time to spend with our loved ones (or hookers )
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028228
Jaybo (User)
Here, hold my beer...
Gold Boarder
Posts: 980
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Monmouth, Oregon Birthdate: 1962-09-04
Re:Another idea. 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
roadiemort wrote:
I think we should all start one telling how this site closing will impact our life giving us more time to spend with our loved ones (or hookers )

You mean young hot college coeds creatively paying for college as they go?
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028229
drumsonly2002 (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1384
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male
Re:Another idea. 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
A few years ago when I turned 60, started feeling like a dinosaur walking towards a tar pond. The only adventure that turns my crank is passing stuff on the highway and practicing police type skills in a parking lot.

Playing in bands is like joining a drama club with an extra slice of drama for dessert. That part of my life has fizzled out. Been there, done that.

With this forum, I have never been insulted, and if I was, I have forgotten due to a failing memory. the beauty of that is the ability to watch the same old reruns over and over and it is a new experience each and every time.

If this site closes that means more quality time to on the snowblower forum. I have 3 snowblowers, two of them are vintage (old). The other has a seized engine. I want to mod the 1969 MTD and Honda blower with bigger engines. I'll keep the 1992 Yamaha stock.

Maybe a non-motorcycle topic thread room would be an idea for those who go down the off-topic rabbit hole.

I never liked mixing my peas with french fries. When I eat steak, the only side dish I enjoy is another steak and a steak for dessert. Reading motorcycle posts is like eating steak. More is better.

I just fell asleep and dropped the laptop, twice. Back on topic, I enjoy the motorcycle topics as Pobasturd mentions.
 
Logged Logged  
 
Last Edit: 2018/01/31 21:51 By drumsonly2002.
 
If it is broke, fix it. If it is not, make it better!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028422
Horsehammerr (User)
Gold Boarder
Posts: 847
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Another idea. 2 Weeks, 6 Days ago  
drumsonly2002 wrote:
A few years ago when I turned 60, started feeling like a dinosaur walking towards a tar pond. The only adventure that turns my crank is passing stuff on the highway and practicing police type skills in a parking lot.

Playing in bands is like joining a drama club with an extra slice of drama for dessert. That part of my life has fizzled out. Been there, done that.

With this forum, I have never been insulted, and if I was, I have forgotten due to a failing memory. the beauty of that is the ability to watch the same old reruns over and over and it is a new experience each and every time.

If this site closes that means more quality time to on the snowblower forum. I have 3 snowblowers, two of them are vintage (old). The other has a seized engine. I want to mod the 1969 MTD and Honda blower with bigger engines. I'll keep the 1992 Yamaha stock.

Maybe a non-motorcycle topic thread room would be an idea for those who go down the off-topic rabbit hole.

I never liked mixing my peas with french fries. When I eat steak, the only side dish I enjoy is another steak and a steak for dessert. Reading motorcycle posts is like eating steak. More is better.

I just fell asleep and dropped the laptop, twice. Back on topic, I enjoy the motorcycle topics as Pobasturd mentions.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028423
roadiemort (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7904
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Another idea. 2 Weeks, 6 Days ago  
I don,t like sand in my vagina,s and I love a good vagina now and then but it never stopped the forum from functioning, the key was that we have sensible moderators for the most part that realize censorship is a rabbit hole best left alone for the most part.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply
Powered by FireBoardget the latest posts directly to your desktop
...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... -->
New Forum Posts


The Road Star Clinic is a collaborative community of riders who archive and publish user contributed technical data about Yamaha Road Star motorcycles.

Copyright 2003-2007 Road Star Clinic and its respective authors.
<-- -->