hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Road Star Clinic using Archive-It. This page was captured on 23:24:05 Feb 23, 2018, and is part of the Road Star Clinic Closure collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page.

This is an archived version of the Road Star Clinic. The Road Star Clinic can now be found at www.roadstarclinic.com. Please join us there!

Road Star Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Phase 7 Headlites
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Phase 7 Headlites
#966684
Mr.T (User)
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 6
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Phase 7 Headlites 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
Does anyone havethe Tucklite part number for the 4" lights?
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#966697
Bigrigme (User)
Chris
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3176
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Canton, Ohio Birthdate: 1985-03-11
Re:Phase 7 Headlites 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
Mr.T wrote:
Does anyone havethe Tucklite part number for the 4" lights?

The headlight is 27270c, the passing lights are 80275.
 
Logged Logged  
 
2004 Roadstar Silverado

  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#980412
Mr.T (User)
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 6
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Phase 7 Headlites 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
I want to check in and let everyone know I installed the Phrase 7 lights based only on this thread. I went from the stock headlight to the LED headlight with LED passing lights and what a difference. These lights are a ton better than stock and really light up the ditches along with the road way.
I feel safer in the day time also. These lights are a lot more noticeable than the stock light and no one has pulled out in front of me since installing them.
I bought them on Amazon for a little over $300 for all three lights. I can by Truck Lite at wholesale and the Amazon price was better than my wholesale pricing. This is the best thing I've added so far.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#980416
MidnightJockey (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 2001
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Oakhurst, California Birthdate: 1959-02-00
Re:Phase 7 Headlites 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
Mr.T wrote:
I want to check in and let everyone know I installed the Phrase 7 lights based only on this thread. I went from the stock headlight to the LED headlight with LED passing lights and what a difference. These lights are a ton better than stock and really light up the ditches along with the road way.
I feel safer in the day time also. These lights are a lot more noticeable than the stock light and no one has pulled out in front of me since installing them.
I bought them on Amazon for a little over $300 for all three lights. I can by Truck Lite at wholesale and the Amazon price was better than my wholesale pricing. This is the best thing I've added so far.


I concur....... I loved them so much on my R* that I put them on my RK too. Added "Custom Dynamics" LED Turns and Brakes with their RTB Module and I feel MUCH safer commuting in sunny/dark/foggy/whatever weather.
 
Logged Logged  
 
This is where I used to have a picture of my bike, ..... F*** You Photobucket!

Life long student at the School of Hard Knocks!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#980419
RonK (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1031
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Grand Junction, CO & western AZ
Re:Phase 7 Headlites 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
--

A thought: I've seen comments for HID lights that riders like them as they shine higher (even on dim) so it's easier for oncoming traffic to see the rider. True. But they also shine into the oncoming driver's eyes at night. Better, if you want a high shining beam, to just use the Phase 7 (or comparable split LED setup) on HIGH beam during the day as you can easily switch to low at night when approaching traffic.

Best of both worlds.

--
 
Logged Logged  
 
[img size=150][/img][img size=150][/img]
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#980449
Mr.T (User)
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 6
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Phase 7 Headlites 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
MidnightJockey wrote:
Mr.T wrote:
I want to check in and let everyone know I installed the Phrase 7 lights based only on this thread. I went from the stock headlight to the LED headlight with LED passing lights and what a difference. These lights are a ton better than stock and really light up the ditches along with the road way.
I feel safer in the day time also. These lights are a lot more noticeable than the stock light and no one has pulled out in front of me since installing them.
I bought them on Amazon for a little over $300 for all three lights. I can by Truck Lite at wholesale and the Amazon price was better than my wholesale pricing. This is the best thing I've added so far.


I concur....... I loved them so much on my R* that I put them on my RK too. Added "Custom Dynamics" LED Turns and Brakes with their RTB Module and I feel MUCH safer commuting in sunny/dark/foggy/whatever weather.


My box of Custom Dynamics LEDs just showed up today.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply
Powered by FireBoardget the latest posts directly to your desktop
...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... -->
New Forum Posts


The Road Star Clinic is a collaborative community of riders who archive and publish user contributed technical data about Yamaha Road Star motorcycles.

Copyright 2003-2007 Road Star Clinic and its respective authors.
<-- -->