<
 
 
 
 
>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Road Star Clinic using Archive-It. This page was captured on 11:12:35 Feb 24, 2018, and is part of the Road Star Clinic Closure collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

This is an archived version of the Road Star Clinic. The Road Star Clinic can now be found at www.roadstarclinic.com. Please join us there!

Road Star Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: 2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build
#975839
Lifeguard (User)
Alright everybody out of the pool.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1108
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
So Dave what is next years raffle bike gonna be? I think that we should do something like a one up solo cruiser style. Maybe an all black model with minimal chrome. Maybe flat black? What do you guys say?
 
Logged Logged  
 


The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness-Bruce Lee
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#975847
Warden (Moderator)
Moderator
Posts: 9535
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
I'm going to weigh in on this...

The Eagle's bike build/raffle was a way to say thank you to a community that has opened their doors to us for the last 3 years (4 events). The thank you provided in excess of $12,000 (totals need to be finalized) in funds that will be distributed to the Police, Fire, Food Bank, an RSC Scholarship, and other worthy charitable organizations. All the proceeds of this raffle will be provided to the community (only expenses that came from the ticket sales were in the form of ticket printing, Raffle website, Credit Card fees, shipping, and taxes.)

As such, this was intended to be a one time event.

We flooded the site with requests, donations, promotion for sales, and general updates on the build. While it was fun and worthwhile, I'm not sure the RSC community wishes this to be an ongoing effort.

The community of Celina was VERY grateful. Their expectations were a one time deal as well. They aren't expecting an annual bike raffle.

Now, if someone one else has a worthy cause and wishes to take on a build/raffle, I'll be more than eager to support it with my donations! With that, I want to say THANK YOU again to all that supported the 2016 build and benefit to a deserving community that has treated the RSC members well.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#975896
BubbaKahuna (User)
No reasonable excuse for what I am about to do.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4607
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Jefferson, WI,53549 USA
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
If we do it again (big IF), especially with a stripped down solo bike, I say we give the proceeds to our host right here who pays the bills for maintaining the site. Hosting the place many of us take for granted is not free despite what we pay to have it at our disposal 24/7/365. The RSC may not be a registered charity per se, but every single one of us has been the recipient of the Clinic's existence from the day we signed on.

If everyone can pitch in for a party, I see no problem with pitching in to keep this place alive.
 
Logged Logged  
 
Last Edit: 2016/06/27 15:54 By BubbaKahuna.
 
This fits in here, right? I mean, I can make this fit in here ... right?

  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#975919
Lug Nut (User)
Motorcycle-Based Therapeutic Intervention works!
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1498
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Ft. Wayne, IN Birthdate: 1968-12-02
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
I agree with Bubba kahuna.....I am a member on Venture Riders site and have to pay $12 annually. Ibwould GLADLY pay an annual membership for RSC.
 
Logged Logged  
 
2000 Roadstar Silverado. Jetted, ported manifold, drilled airbox, Bubs/Rinehart exhaust, Roadwing, PCS solo seat, racetech springs, AIS delete, custom wheels CII tires, custom paint.
2002 Royal Star Venture Midnight, stereo, Ivans Jet Kit, K&N airfilters, Barons Nasty Boyz 4-2-4 exhaust, etc.
1998 Royal Star Tour Classic, stripped down mostly stoc
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#975921
MidwestMike (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4779
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Lug Nut wrote:
I agree with Bubba kahuna.....I am a member on Venture Riders site and have to pay $12 annually. Ibwould GLADLY pay an annual membership for RSC.

Some of us locals that have some history and know what this place is about might be willing to pay,
but it would be tough to get new members. Especially when non-members can still everything.

If you keep non-members from seeing the content, they will never know it is worth joining.

In this world of free forums and Facebook, I wouldn't want to try to move to a paid forum.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#975924
BubbaKahuna (User)
No reasonable excuse for what I am about to do.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4607
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Jefferson, WI,53549 USA
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
I'm not suggesting we go paid, I was suggesting we do a build, raffle it off & donate the money for operating expenses.
 
Logged Logged  
 
This fits in here, right? I mean, I can make this fit in here ... right?

  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#975980
Lifeguard (User)
Alright everybody out of the pool.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1108
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Warden wrote:
I'm going to weigh in on this...

The Eagle's bike build/raffle was a way to say thank you to a community that has opened their doors to us for the last 3 years (4 events). The thank you provided in excess of $12,000 (totals need to be finalized) in funds that will be distributed to the Police, Fire, Food Bank, an RSC Scholarship, and other worthy charitable organizations. All the proceeds of this raffle will be provided to the community (only expenses that came from the ticket sales were in the form of ticket printing, Raffle website, Credit Card fees, shipping, and taxes.)

As such, this was intended to be a one time event.

We flooded the site with requests, donations, promotion for sales, and general updates on the build. While it was fun and worthwhile, I'm not sure the RSC community wishes this to be an ongoing effort.

The community of Celina was VERY grateful. Their expectations were a one time deal as well. They aren't expecting an annual bike raffle.

Now, if someone one else has a worthy cause and wishes to take on a build/raffle, I'll be more than eager to support it with my donations! With that, I want to say THANK YOU again to all that supported the 2016 build and benefit to a deserving community that has treated the RSC members well.


I know all that. It's just sour grapes on my (and probably every other "crap I did win" persons) part. I just thought maybe we could target another group with our generosity and get another one going. I think it was great that we could raise that kind of money for good causes. Even if I did not win.
 
Logged Logged  
 


The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness-Bruce Lee
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#975987
MidwestMike (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4779
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Lifeguard wrote:


I know all that. It's just sour grapes on my (and probably every other "crap I did win" persons) part. I just thought maybe we could target another group with our generosity and get another one going. I think it was great that we could raise that kind of money for good causes. Even if I did not win.


I have the impression that these guys did a lot more than we know about. A lot more stress, effort and work than shows up on the forum.

Despite how much all those guys hated seeing the bike go, I believe there was also one big sigh of relief when this whole thing was over.

Other than that, I'm in for the next raffle.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#976068
theshredbaron (User)
Bach'n'roll baby!
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1133
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Toronto, ON, Canada Birthdate: 1974-12-31
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
MidwestMike wrote:


I have the impression that these guys did a lot more than we know about. A lot more stress, effort and work than shows up on the forum.

Despite how much all those guys hated seeing the bike go, I believe there was also one big sigh of relief when this whole thing was over.

Other than that, I'm in for the next raffle.


You are bang-on with that comment Mike...that bike was a work of art and a labor of love and those who did the "heavy lifting" to make it happen were so humble about it.

BruiserCruiser is one lucky RSC member! Hope to see that bike cruising around my area sometime soon!
 
Logged Logged  
 


Welease Bwian!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#976071
mrjeff (User)
Gold Boarder
Posts: 847
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Gautier, MS Birthdate: 1954-09-05
Re:2017 Celina Raffle Bike Build 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Well as I understand it there is the prize for the second chance drawing that needs to be awarded. We need the address for the winner and get the shipping cost nailed down. For now I suggest we keep that winner a secret.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply
Powered by FireBoardget the latest posts directly to your desktop
...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... -->
New Forum Posts


The Road Star Clinic is a collaborative community of riders who archive and publish user contributed technical data about Yamaha Road Star motorcycles.

Copyright 2003-2007 Road Star Clinic and its respective authors.
<-- -->