I recently had a bad experience with a battery maintainer/charger. This charger, which was the second one (first one screwed up as well) I have owned of the same brand/model,apparently drained the battery on my 07 Roadstar. When I tried to start the bike, it would not even click. I eventually had to jump start the bike. I place a full size 2 amp charger on the battery after removing it from the bike and was able to get it up to 12.6 amps by my cheap Radio Shack voltage meter. After a few day in the bike, the voltage dropped to around 12.2 to 12.3 but would still start the bike. After one week, it's reading 12.2 volts. I guess my qustion is should I get another battery or keep using this one until it no longer turns the bike over. BTW
, I have tested it on idle and its putting out 13.8 to 14 volts. Thanks for the help!