<
 
 
 
 
×
>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Road Star Clinic using Archive-It. This page was captured on 2:20:51 Feb 25, 2018, and is part of the Road Star Clinic Closure collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

This is an archived version of the Road Star Clinic. The Road Star Clinic can now be found at www.roadstarclinic.com. Please join us there!

Road Star Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply
#1015325
JEastonjr (User)
Drive for the greater good.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1892
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Weymouth, Massachusetts 02191 Birthdate: 1960-00-00
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
a few of us (6)went tooling around (Thank you Stacy and Ralph). Not a big group. Just enough. Got some history and some pics and ice cream.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015336
Warden (Moderator)
Moderator
Posts: 9535
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
I had every intention of going, but life got in the way.

Personally, I don't think I'd worry about why people don't show up... I've never cared about the quantity, but more about the quality.

1) Eagles venue is one of a kind. How many times have we done an M&G in the parking lot of a hotel? This venue gives us the full use of a fantastic facility. It's as if we have our own clubhouse in Ohio.

2) If the numbers are shrinking, I don't thinks it's due to anything other than people have personal reasons for not showing up. I don't think it's due to the event itself.

3) Build it, and they will come. Trying to convince people to come by focusing on the lack of turnout isn't productive and is like trying to earn money by focusing on how poor I am... We should be focusing on the value of the event. Those that know will come if they can.

4) If the event has reached a plateau, so be it. I plan to attend because it's one of the most enjoyable times I can have meeting with other bikers with similar ideas. Everything from talking bikes, sharing a beverage, working in the parking lot, going on a long escorted ride, and eating meals with a group of great people is priceless and worth the effort to get there. If you can't make it, ok. See you next year.

Just my 2 cents.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015341
JEastonjr (User)
Drive for the greater good.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1892
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Weymouth, Massachusetts 02191 Birthdate: 1960-00-00
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
Where else can we find a place like Celina for free?
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015344
Bigrigme (User)
Chris
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3176
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Canton, Ohio Birthdate: 1985-03-11
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
JEastonjr wrote:
Where else can we find a place like Celina for free?

I don't think it's as much as finding another free place. I'm sure that's easy enough to do, but finding a crew like JJ and Gene and the rest of them is the hard part. Celina wouldn't be nearly what it is without them.
 
Logged Logged  
 
2004 Roadstar Silverado

  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015348
jd750ace (User)
Front toward enemy
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 18763
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male jd750ace Location: Waxahachie Texas Birthdate: 1969-10-30
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
We went from near 40 to about 26 or so at Eureka between the first and 2nd years. We don't schedule too much. It's primarily ride, eat, sleep, repeat, and the riding is phenomenal. The eating and relaxing with friends, conversation, emergency maintenance, tire kicking, etc. is fantastic as well. I couldn't give 2 shits what anyone is riding. We get variety too, but everyone is Clinic family or extended family. I believe the key is to not invest heavily in prep that is dependent on numbers for success. Year 1 Eureka we split into about 3 different riding groups during the day. I followed Thad, because he knows where we are going! LOL. Lasr year we had a smaller crowd, but we had quite a few lay over for Sunday and ride out to Oark and see some more beautiful Country and have a great lunch. Personally, and this is ONLY me, I just can't justify going all the way to Celina to hang out with you folks when that same distance puts me back home with family. I don't get to see them often enough, and my vacation time that puts me east of the Big Muddy is going to see me with my parents and my brothers. I'd love to meet all the crowd up there, but I miss my family more and more as the years pass and we all are getting older.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015350
catnaper2 (User)
Expert Boarder
Posts: 540
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Evansville, IN Birthdate: 1954-06-04
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
Bigrigme wrote:
JEastonjr wrote:
Where else can we find a place like Celina for free?

I don't think it's as much as finding another free place. I'm sure that's easy enough to do, but finding a crew like JJ and Gene and the rest of them is the hard part. Celina wouldn't be nearly what it is without them.


We need that "Like" button again!

There are as many reasons to attend as there are riders...but for Karen and I, getting to spend time talking with folks (old friends and new), share experiences, thoughts, and laughs makes being there very special. We need only to remember 2015 (under the tent in the rain all day Saturday!) to realize the value of the experience we call Celina!

Looking forward to next years edition.
 
Logged Logged  
 
Remember...If they say your getting old...it\\\\\\\'s way better than the alternative!!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015353
Messer (User)
HD turning gas into heat and noise since 1903
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3276
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Western North Carolina Birthdate: 1990-04-05
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
Warden wrote:
I had every intention of going, but life got in the way.

Personally, I don't think I'd worry about why people don't show up... I've never cared about the quantity, but more about the quality.

1) Eagles venue is one of a kind. How many times have we done an M&G in the parking lot of a hotel? This venue gives us the full use of a fantastic facility. It's as if we have our own clubhouse in Ohio.

2) If the numbers are shrinking, I don't thinks it's due to anything other than people have personal reasons for not showing up. I don't think it's due to the event itself.

3) Build it, and they will come. Trying to convince people to come by focusing on the lack of turnout isn't productive and is like trying to earn money by focusing on how poor I am... We should be focusing on the value of the event. Those that know will come if they can.

4) If the event has reached a plateau, so be it. I plan to attend because it's one of the most enjoyable times I can have meeting with other bikers with similar ideas. Everything from talking bikes, sharing a beverage, working in the parking lot, going on a long escorted ride, and eating meals with a group of great people is priceless and worth the effort to get there. If you can't make it, ok. See you next year.

Just my 2 cents.

Its all fine and good till the eagles tell us not to return because only 15 to 20 people show up. They wasn't to pleased with the turn out this year.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015357
MidwestMike (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4779
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
catnaper2 wrote:
Bigrigme wrote:
JEastonjr wrote:
Where else can we find a place like Celina for free?

I don't think it's as much as finding another free place. I'm sure that's easy enough to do, but finding a crew like JJ and Gene and the rest of them is the hard part. Celina wouldn't be nearly what it is without them.


We need that "Like" button again!

There are as many reasons to attend as there are riders...but for Karen and I, getting to spend time talking with folks (old friends and new), share experiences, thoughts, and laughs makes being there very special. We need only to remember 2015 (under the tent in the rain all day Saturday!) to realize the value of the experience we call Celina!

Looking forward to next years edition.


I wasn't trying to focus on the lack of turnout, just trying to get all the information in one place. 25 is not a bad number, and it is all quality people. Everyone there was happy to be there, and is looking forward to next year.

Having the club, the parking lot and the motel across the street is a perfect setup. And you could not ask for better hosts than the Eagles.

But we need to make some adjustments. As Messer said, part of the reason that it all falls in place is the numbers. We do get the club for the weekend and have to "compete" for the place and the dates. We got lucky on next years dates, we found the open weekend between weddings and other Eagles events that book the club.

I know we're looking forward to next year already.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015370
Lifeguard (User)
Alright everybody out of the pool.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1108
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
I have been on this site for I believe 6 years and have wanted to attend but had a son just before I got my bike and join the clinic. Then a couple of years ago wanted to go but the bike capped out on me and I took awhile to sort out but got the wife pregnant again and welcomed the third child home. So this was the year till the wife booked a vacation at the beach for two weeks this year and I didn't know the dates for Celina. And on top of all of that Smokes is selling me his bike and it took all my money for any posability of the meet and greet away with it. Soooo I am really gonna try to make next year. Will have to trailer the bike from Northern VA as the wife can't make that length of a trip but I am planning to make it. I would like to meet all if you in person and hope the numbers at least stay the same, if not go up, so we can still have these kinds of events. I just wish there was something in the VA, MD, PA, DE area that I could attend without trailering the bike.
 
Logged Logged  
 


The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness-Bruce Lee
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1015371
Drakeman (User)
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 38
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Avilla, IN Birthdate: 1971-08-21
Re:Celina - If you ever attended please reply 8 Months ago  
this year was the first year I could make it over only because work cancelled overtime for the day...was a good time great riding weather to get there...though Friday was a little wet.... enjoyed the few hours I spent there meeting some good people. The one thing I can say about attendance is sometimes life gets in the way of our hobby
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply
Powered by FireBoardget the latest posts directly to your desktop
...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... -->
New Forum Posts


The Road Star Clinic is a collaborative community of riders who archive and publish user contributed technical data about Yamaha Road Star motorcycles.

Copyright 2003-2007 Road Star Clinic and its respective authors.
<-- -->