<
 
 
 
 
×
>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Road Star Clinic using Archive-It. This page was captured on 13:21:34 Feb 25, 2018, and is part of the Road Star Clinic Closure collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

This is an archived version of the Road Star Clinic. The Road Star Clinic can now be found at www.roadstarclinic.com. Please join us there!

Road Star Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Anyone got...?
#1019965
Questcap (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7727
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: North Attleboro, MA Birthdate: 1954-03-22
Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Guys, without going into details, I was having a machine shop open up the hole in the middle of a rear driven pulley for one of my '01's to press in two bearings... and, they opened the hole up too much!!!

I am in need of a '99 thru '03 wide belt rear pulley, if anyone has one. I'm willing to buy, and that shop... I've yet to learn what their policy is, but they should pay for it, but I haven't heard back from them as to how they handle such cases.

Anyone got a decent early pulley they could part with?

I could go eBay, and may have to, but I thought I'd try here first... the cheap ones on eBay are truly junk! TIA
 
Logged Logged  
 
Sig Pic deleted - larger than 450 pixels and 50 kb
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1019970
Tug (User)
RIDE FREE. LIVE FREE.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 9855
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Maybe one of the guys that added legs to their roadie might have one
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1019971
pastornj (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3110
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Questcap wrote:
Guys, without going into details, I was having a machine shop open up the hole in the middle of a rear driven pulley for one of my '01's to press in two bearings... and, they opened the hole up too much!!!

I am in need of a '99 thru '03 wide belt rear pulley, if anyone has one. I'm willing to buy, and that shop... I've yet to learn what their policy is, but they should pay for it, but I haven't heard back from them as to how they handle such cases.

Anyone got a decent early pulley they could part with?

I could go eBay, and may have to, but I thought I'd try here first... the cheap ones on eBay are truly junk! TIA


Give me a couple minutes - I'll get back to you - I'm pretty sure I have a stock 2001 pulley in the shed...

NJ
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1019972
pastornj (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3110
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
pastornj wrote:
Questcap wrote:
Guys, without going into details, I was having a machine shop open up the hole in the middle of a rear driven pulley for one of my '01's to press in two bearings... and, they opened the hole up too much!!!

I am in need of a '99 thru '03 wide belt rear pulley, if anyone has one. I'm willing to buy, and that shop... I've yet to learn what their policy is, but they should pay for it, but I haven't heard back from them as to how they handle such cases.

Anyone got a decent early pulley they could part with?

I could go eBay, and may have to, but I thought I'd try here first... the cheap ones on eBay are truly junk! TIA


Give me a couple minutes - I'll get back to you - I'm pretty sure I have a stock 2001 pulley in the shed...

NJ


Yep - It's sitting in my living room now.

PM me if you still need it

NJ
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1019978
Questcap (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7727
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: North Attleboro, MA Birthdate: 1954-03-22
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
I do, and I've PM'd ya! Thanks!
 
Logged Logged  
 
Sig Pic deleted - larger than 450 pixels and 50 kb
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1019998
Questcap (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7727
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: North Attleboro, MA Birthdate: 1954-03-22
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Pastornj, you da man! Thanks for making an early rear pulley available to me at a more than fair price. I appreciate it much, and I'm sure the machine shop will, too!

Include some kind of a receipt, would ya? I'll need to get them to reimburse me.
 
Logged Logged  
 
Sig Pic deleted - larger than 450 pixels and 50 kb
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1020071
pastornj (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3110
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Questcap wrote:
Pastornj, you da man! Thanks for making an early rear pulley available to me at a more than fair price. I appreciate it much, and I'm sure the machine shop will, too!

Include some kind of a receipt, would ya? I'll need to get them to reimburse me.


Shipped
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1020074
smokescreens (User)
lifes better riding twins
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 17430
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: harrison twp,  mi Birthdate: 1982-08-26
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Lemme consult my parts box

Nevermind
 
Logged Logged  
 
Last Edit: 2017/08/17 13:40 By smokescreens.
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1020075
Father_Pobasturd (User)
VENI VIDI VICI
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4980
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Buckeye, Arizona Birthdate: 1961-09-11
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Another RSC happy ending. Sorry to hear about your hole getting opened up too big.


 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1020151
Questcap (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 7727
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: North Attleboro, MA Birthdate: 1954-03-22
Re:Anyone got...? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Yeh, can you believe that? What's the old mantra... measure twice, cut once?

Boss, I've cut this board four times, and it's STILL too short!!!
 
Logged Logged  
 
Sig Pic deleted - larger than 450 pixels and 50 kb
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply
Powered by FireBoardget the latest posts directly to your desktop
...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... -->
New Forum Posts


The Road Star Clinic is a collaborative community of riders who archive and publish user contributed technical data about Yamaha Road Star motorcycles.

Copyright 2003-2007 Road Star Clinic and its respective authors.
<-- -->