exhaust pipes.... so before i really got started i decided to do a little light reading on the topic.... which turned into more reading.... which turned into a heap of gobbly gook.
dont get me wrong, it was very interesting and it all made perfect sense and although all the articals i read pointed to the same conclusions.....? there were no real formulas....? at best all you could get was a good starting point and then after making your pipes..... you, with the use of some high tech measuring equipment could test and then modify, adjust evry thing that can be and then test some more.
so i want to make my own..... just because.... and really all i want is for the bike to run.....? im not making a race bike so what does it matter...?
all the reading has helped, i have changed my initial design, gaining inspiration from the many articles i read.
im going to stick closely to the stock dimensions and make small adjustments for the extra air/fuel i will be adding.
while still doing what i want.... suck it and see..... fix the problems as they come.
so yeah..... im almost finished designing....?
mean while i thought i would do a little work on the electrics.
started with fitting the fuse box.... placing it under the front of the seat, just at the rear of the tank. lift the seat to change a fuse....
need a small bracket that locks into the fuse box and screws to the frame.
here i have marked out some 1.6mm s/s, used my bench shears.
then i finished cutting it with an angle grinder, files, linisher, bending jig, drill and emery cloth.... and ended up with this.
the snail horns came, so i fitted them.
earth cable, fitting it to one of the rises i made to lift the tank..... 10mm x 20mm steel. made a shorter cable out of the stock one. drilled and tapped M6 in the frame.
here it is running to the neg terminal of the bat.
starting to sort out the spagetti.
when the tank is on... the shape of the cavity should act like an amplifier..... hopefully making the horns even louder.