The Pollak Library building will be closed just like the rest of the Cal State Fullerton campus from November 22-29. That means that you will want to come in soon if you wish to check out books for use at home during the Thanksgiving holiday week.
But remember, just because the Library’s doors are locked and staff are not around doesn’t mean that we aren’t still open for business in many different ways, provided you have access to a computer and an internet connection. Throughout the Thanksgiving closure, you can still do lots of research in the library. For instance, you can:
- Find scholarly journal articles using the databases in Find Databases or Find Articles. When you click the Find it! button to get full-text, be sure to choose online options.
- Find encyclopedia articles, specialized dictionaries, statistics, company information, etc. also in Find Databases. Gale Virtual Reference Library, Oxford Premium Online, CQ Researcher, Mergent and many other specialized databases can help you with background information of all kinds.
- Find eBooks by searching the Library Catalog using a keyword search term and eBook (example: united states history and eBook)
- Get access to anything your professor put on reserves that is in electronic form through your Blackboard course.
- Get research help from a librarian by clicking on Ask-A-Librarian or Click here for live help on the library homepage. You won’t get a CSUF librarian, but you will get a professional librarian who can assist with many types of questions.
We hope you have a productive and restful Thanksgiving week while we are closed…and open!