The Digital Economy and Society Index (DESI)
- DESI area report: Connectivity - Broadband market developments in the EU
- DESI area report: Human Capital/Digital skills
- DESI area report: Use of Internet Services by citizens
- DESI area report: Integration of Digital Technology by businesses
- DESI area report: Digital Public Services
- DESI area report: Research and Development ICT
Over the past year, all EU countries improved their digital performance. Finland, Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands scored the highest ratings in DESI 2020 and are among the global leaders in digitalisation. These countries are followed by Malta, Ireland and Estonia. Some other countries however still have a long way to go, and the EU as a whole needs improvement to be able to compete on the global stage.
The Telecom Chapters of the DESI
The Telecoms chapters provide a snapshot of the electronic communications markets in each Member State.
The International Digital Economy and Society Index (I-DESI) mirrors and extends the EU28 Digital Economy and Society Index by utilising 24 datasets to enable trend analysis and comparison of the digital performance of 45 countries.
The latest I-DESI will be published later in 2020.
Women in Digital (WiD) Scoreboard
The WiD scoreboard is one of the actions put in place to assess women's inclusion in digital jobs, careers and entrepreneurship. The scoreboard assesses Member States' performance in the areas of Internet use, Internet user skills as well as specialist skills and employment based on 13 indicators.