3rd European Conference on Xylella fastidiosa and XF-ACTORS final meeting
Building knowledge, protecting plant health
The 3rd EFSA European Conference on Xylella fastidiosa and final meeting of the XF-ACTORS project will be held online between 26-30 April 2021.
The meeting of XF-ACTORS, the EU Horizon 2020 research project devoted to this plant pathogenic bacterium, will precede the conference, which is organised by EFSA and XF-ACTORS with the active contribution of the major EU research initiatives tackling X. fastidiosa – BIOVEXO, CURE-XF, ERC MultiX, EUPHRESCO, EUROXANTH, and Life Resilience.
The event will comprise the XF-ACTORS meeting, the European conference, and a stakeholder session. A parallel e-poster session will be held online.
The presentations and discussions will take stock of the results from research that has taken place since X. fastidiosa was first detected in Europe in 2013. During this period, scientists have filled knowledge gaps on the distinctive elements of the outbreaks in the EU, consolidated a resilient network for monitoring and testing, and achieved results that have supported and influenced the activities of researchers, stakeholders and policy makers.
The conference programme will reflect the multidisciplinary strategy that has been pursued in research. The sessions and discussions will include the latest findings, data and knowledge on X. fastidiosa as a pathosystem, including host plants, vectors, ecosystems, possible control solutions, and its environmental and socio-economic impact.
The conference will cover the most recent results of research on:
- Pathogen biology, ecology and genetics;
- Epidemiology and modeling of X. fastidiosa diseases;
- Host plant-interactions and search for resistant/tolerant germplasm;
- Surveillance and early detection tools;
- Vectors biology and control;
- Endophytic microbial resources and their potential applications for X. fastidiosa control;
- Sustainable management strategies for prevention and reduction of the impact of X. fastidiosa diseases.
Registration will open in January 2021 on this page.
- Info [at] xfactorsproject.eu
- Xylella_conference [at] efsa.europa.eu