RELACS has involved partners from 10 countries and aimed at encouraging accommodations throughout Europe to implement renewable measures as well as energy efficiency practices in their premises. 212 accommodations joined the RELACS network, 95 energy audits have been carried out and 58 feasibility studies completed.The RELACS project – in order to stimulate accommodation buildings to invest in energy efficiency and renewables - has developed a number of capacity building activities for hotel managers and staff throughout Europe.10 national brochures showing accommodations joining the network have been created, a national prize in each of the 10 involved countries has been delivered and 3 accommodations received the RELACS European award in the successful gala held Berlin on 8th March 2013 during the International Fair on Tourism (ITB).51 accommodations have implemented/started up an energy efficiency process thanks to the project.All the main RELACS goals were achieved and in some cases Consortium partners went far beyond.
In this page:
- 212 RELACS network members throughout Europe;
- 94 energy audits in accommodation buildings have been carried out;
- 58 feasibility studies have been finalised;
- More than 1000 hotel managers and staff involved in the 72 training seminars/events held;
- 51 accommodations having implemented/started up an energy efficiency process thanks to the project.
- o Stress more strongly the link between energy efficiency costs reduction, business, profits and competitiveness, in order to approach and motivate accommodations to join the network and to implement RES/RUE measures.
- More capacity building (seminars, trainings). Focus on local study tours first as a primary way to approach accommodations and deliver training on energy issues to hotel managers or staff, possibly within their own already existing mandatory training programmes.
- There seems to be some suspicion and lack of initiative when free services are delivered and therefore in the future it is recommended to introduce a - even small – fee for the offered services (especially for energy audits and feasibility studies). Deep work on innovative financial schemes with ESCOs and Banks in order to ease RES/RUE investments
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Agenzia per l'Energia e lo Sviluppo Sostenibile
Mrs Lisa Sentimenti
+39 059 450491
Duration:01/05/2010 to 30/04/2013