For temporary agents and contract agents the recruitment and selection procedures are usually carried out as following:
- The EASME launches the procedure by publishing a vacancy notice on the EPSO website and on the Agency website. The vacancy notice contains all necessary information on the post in question and on the application and selection procedure.
- Only applications that comply with the procedures specified in the vacancy notice and that are submitted within the established deadline will be considered valid.
- Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria specified in the vacancy notice.
- Only the applicants whose applications most closely match with the main requirements of the post are invited for an interview.
- During the interviews, the selection committee further examines the profiles of the candidates and assesses their suitability for the post (written tests may be organised simultaneously).
- On the basis of the interview results (and where applicable, also on the basis of the written test results), the selection committee makes up a recommendation regarding the most suitable candidates for the post.
- Based upon the recommendation of the selection committee, the Director of the EASME takes the final decision on the appointment of the successful candidate and/or the inclusion of (a) candidate(s) on the reserve list for future similar positions within the Agency. Depending on the type of post to be filled, the candidate may be invited for a second interview. Candidates should note that inclusion on the reserve list does not guarantee recruitment.
- Selected candidates will be offered a contract in accordance with the Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Communities.
- Prior to contract signature the successful candidate will be asked to provide original or certified copies of all relevant documents proving his/her eligibility and/or work experience, and to undergo a compulsory medical examination to establish that he/she meets the standard of physical fitness necessary to perform the duties involved.
- Contract Agents and Temporary Agents are usually hired for an initial period of two years with the possibility of renewal of the contract (a second renewal will lead to a contract of indefinite duration), subject to the duration and the scope of the Agency's mandate and in accordance with the Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Communities.
- The application procedure to be followed is specified in the relevant vacancy notice.
- All material to be placed on a candidate's electronic application file must be submitted afresh: reference may not be made to earlier applications.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post shall therefore submit an application for each specific post.
- Candidates must always mention the reference of the post for which they are applying in any communication.
As a rule, the EASME does not consider spontaneous applications. Candidates are therefore advised not to send any spontaneous applications by e-mail or post but instead to regularly consult our website to be informed about new vacancy notices.
Application documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Confidentiality of personal data
The personal information requested from candidates will be processed in line with Regulation (EC) N°45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.
The EASME applies a policy of equal opportunities and accepts applications without discrimination on the ground of sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.