Are you thinking of applying for COSME funding? Take a look at some of the most commonly asked questions to see if it is for you.
Who can apply to COSME calls?
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), as the main target of COSME, in some calls can apply directly as beneficiary
- Intermediary organisations, that support SMEs can be beneficiaries and participate in calls
Check each call individually to see if you are among eligible beneficiaries!
Before applying, make sure that you:
- Read thoroughly the Terms of Reference
- Have an original project idea that can be competitive at the EU level
- Plan well ahead when forming your consortium, by answering these questions:
- Who will take the lead? Who has experience in previous calls?
- Check language knowledge of your partners—communication is key
- Who do you need to form a strong consortium? Identify the type of organisation, SME expertise, geographical balance, sectoral focus, etc
- Enterprise Europe Network can help you in searching partners!
- Be sure that you have trusted partners that are committed from start to finish
During the application phase:
- Check the documents and templates;
- Keep an eye on the deadlines: do not wait until the last minute!
- For SMEs: do the SME check!
- Check if there are FAQs: often they hide useful information
- Make agreements with your consortium on:
- Work packages, division of tasks and responsibility
- Timeline with milestones
- Communication & dissemination plan
- Budget! Is your co-financing secured?
Your project is approved—congratulations! What next?
- First, make sure all documents are completed and signed
- Get acquainted with your project officer in EASME: he/she will be your trustful guide for your whole project journey
- Organise a kick-off meeting
- Review project proposal and re-confirm partner commitments, re-confirm deadlines for project input and reporting: make everyone responsible, not only the project manager
During the project implementation:
- Secure payments when due, according to agreements
- Keep documents, invoices for further use (report/audit)
- Keep regular contact with partners: ask feedback
- Problems? Do not wait too long to talk about it:
- With your project adviser: Are the changes needed?Amendments?
- In your consortium
- Attend meetings and work actively during the sessions, prepare your input according to your tasks/responsibilities
- Stick to deadlines for reporting: be realistic and transparent; collect timely all information
Discover the COSME webinars on:
- Financial management and reporting (10 January 2019) for the following calls:
- Final reporting—Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs—COS-EYE-2017-4-01 (February 2020)
- Financial reporting – Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (11 February 2019); see also Questions and answers raised during the webinar
- European Cluster Excellence Programme (12 February 2019)
- Financial management and reporting (04 April 2019) for the following calls:
- Financial management and reporting for the following calls:
Take a look at the COSME presentations on: