From 23 to 26 February, 43 EU projects will take part in the virtual exhibition of the EU Industry Days and have the opportunity to interact with many stakeholders as industry, policy makers, EU SMEs and find potential synergies.
The EU Industry Days event will serve as the main platform to discuss industrial challenges and co-develop opportunities and policy responses in an inclusive dialogue with a wide range of partners.
The online event aims to help ensuring that EU policies at European, national, regional and local levels work together to enable European industry to deliver jobs, growth and innovation in Europe.
The conference will focus on three main topics:
- Shaping Europe's digital future;
- Making Europe’s industry climate-neutral by 2050;
- EU competitiveness in the changing global competitive landscape.
For this year’s edition, the first to take place fully virtually, the Europe’s flagship annual event on industry is hosting a virtual exhibition with more than 40 EU projects managed or supported by the European Commission.
The virtual showcase of projects will also feature a matchmaking and networking platform where projects representatives, stakeholders and participants will have the opportunity to share knowledge and ideas on how to shape the industries of tomorrow. The projects will have two specific focus areas:
- 31 projects linked to the three topics of the conference will represent 14 EU countries and all programmes managed by EASME. They will be associated to one of three categories, coinciding with the three topics of the conference. All participants will have the chance to vote their favourite projects - up to three projects per each category - during the conference until Friday 26 February noon. One project per each of the three categories will be selected as the best one and announced on Friday at 13h50;
- 12 EU Support Services (networks, platforms, helpdesks) will present the various types of support and services that they provide to SMEs and other stakeholders.
Out of the 43 total projects featured in the virtual exhibition, 41 are managed or supported by EASME.
List of EASME projects featured in the virtual exhibition that you can vote for as best projects within their respective category:
Horizon 2020 Energy Efficiency
Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge ‘Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF)
EEN–supported projects (COSME)
List of EU support services featured in the virtual exhibition that will present the services provided by their platforms/networks/initiatives:
supported by the COSME programme:
the four International Intellectual Property Rights Helpdesks (respectively: China, South-East Asia, Latin America, India)
and supported by the Horizon 2020 programme: European IP Helpdesk
~ ~ ~
Alongside the 41 EASME projects listed above, 2 projects managed by the European Commission will be featured in the virtual exhibition:
Horizon Results Platform (HRP) - which will be featured in the virtual exhibition together with the other EU support services
BIO4COMP - which will be featured in the virtual exhibition and be eligible for voting
bringing the total number of projects and initiatives to be featured in the EU Industry Days 2021 to exactly 43.