On 26 January 1904, boosters from Pincher Creek drew up a
memorandum of association to build an exchange in that town to run
lines to Cowley, Livingston, Fishburn, Yarrow and any other point in
the electoral district of MacLeod.
Included in this group of "phone fathers" were merchants James
Schofield and Timothee Lebel, hotelier William Dobbie, lawyer Arthur
Kemmis and druggist Edward Mitchell. Talk, though, is one thing and
corporate action another. The intentions of the company principals
did not move forward and the idea was abandoned.
Copyright © 2004
Heritage Community Foundation and
Telephone Historical Centre All Rights Reserved