Key to Quiz
Answer Key: to quiz "Life on the Trap Line"
- Dene or Anishinabe (Chipewyan), Dogrib, Cree
- Boreal Forest Zone that includes Northern Alberta, north western Saskatchewan, and South central Northwest Territories
- No one owns the land; it is shared and provided for everyone’s use and enjoyment. The land however, was never exploited by Aboriginal peoples. They always gave back what they could and respected what was made available.
- Harvesting natural fur bearing animals such as rabbits, muskrats, foxes, beavers and mink.
- Homes were built along the shoreline and on the trap line property in order to be close to food and furs.
- Moose, deer, caribou or elk are all possible answers.
- Squirrel or lynx.
- Scraping hides.
- The wolf and dog are seen as sacred animals by some Aboriginal groups that is why they are only eaten in emergencies.
- Frying and pemmican.