<
 
 
 
 
×
>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of University of Alberta using Archive-It. This page was captured on 17:22:20 Dec 08, 2010, and is part of the HCF Alberta Online Encyclopedia collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Heritage Community Foundation Presents
Alberta Online Encyclopedia

Search the Landmarks Database

New Search

Browsing all landmarks


  Total Records Found: 596   -   Page 1 of 60  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Next 10 Pages Last
  • 24TH AVE. COTTAGE SCHOOL
    Like the later series of Bungalow Schools, Calgary's Cottage Schools were built to accommodate a rapid growth of the school population.
  • 41 MEAT MARKET, 1910
    This two-storey brick and sandstone building was originally built for Swift Canadian Meats during Fort Macleod's boom period.
  • A. YOUNG DRUGSTORE, 1903
    The A. Young Drugstore was the first brick commercial block on Fort Macleod's main street.
  • A. YOUNG HOUSE
    The house is an imposing two-and-one-half storey brick structure, which occupies three-and-one-half lots and displays a large lawn and garden beautifully landscaped with trees and shrubs.
  • A.E. CROSS HOUSE
    This farmhouse was built in 1891 for Matthew Neilson from Beaver, BC, to designs by the architect J.L. Wilson.
  • A.M. CAMPBELL STORE
    As a successful businessman and, at various times, a member of the town council and board of trade, Campbell was a prominent member of Lacombe society, and his home reflects his status.
  • ABERHART HOUSE
    This is the only private house in Alberta with the distinction of having been the home of two premiers.
  • AGT BUILDING
    The Alberta Government Telephones (AGT) Building was erected during the course of the construction spurt of the late 1920s.
  • AITKEN HOUSE
    Manufacturer's agent Robert Aitken bought this frame house from its builder in 1912.
  • AL RASHID MOSQUE
    Canada’s first mosque, Al Rashid, was built by Edmonton’s Muslim population, which consisted of only 34 individuals.

Albertasource.ca | Contact Us | Partnerships
            For more on the real estate industry in Alberta, visit Peel’s Prairie Provinces.

Copyright © Heritage Community Foundation All Rights Reserved