<
 
 
 
 
×
>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of University of Alberta using Archive-It. This page was captured on 17:33:44 Dec 08, 2010, and is part of the HCF Alberta Online Encyclopedia collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Heritage Community Foundation Presents
Alberta Online Encyclopedia


Chard

Category : Point
 

This was originally established in 1925 as a station on the Alberta and Great Waterways Railway line and was named after Alfred Chard, freight and traffic supervisor for the Alberta Government. A post office was established here in 1968, and the first postmaster was Mrs. H. Stepanowich.

Approximately 90 km south south-east of Fort McMurray.

Location Name : Bohn Lake
National Topographic System (NTS) : 73 M/15
 
Sub Section | Section | Township | Range | Meridian
17-79-6-W4
 
Latitude (N) | Longitude (W)
55° 50' N 110° 55' W
 
The content above is directly derived from :
Place Names of Alberta - Volume IV
Northern Alberta

[Top] [Back]

Albertasource.ca | Contact Us | Partnerships
            For more on place names of Alberta, visit Peel’s Prairie Provinces.

Copyright © Heritage Community Foundation All Rights Reserved