Device for Sticking and Bleeding Turkeys and Other Poultry (Patent No: 258893)
Inventor: Boch, Carl
Description: WHAT I CLAIM AS MY INVENTION IS:
1. An adjustable frame formed with an opening adapted to engage the head of a turkey or fowl, guideways in the frame communicating at different points with said opening.
2. In a device or the character described, a frame formed in two sections slidably connected to one another and cut out to form therebetween a V-shaped opening adapted to engage with the head of a turkey or fowl and guideways in the frame communicating at different angels with said opening.
3. A frame member comprising two sections slidably connected to one another and adapted to form therebetween an adjustable opening to engage with the head of a fowl, turkey or the like, knife-receiving guideways communicating at different angles with said opening whereby the head of the turkey or fowl is penetrated at different points to first kill and then bleed said turkey or fowl.
4. A frame adapted to hold the head of a turkey or fowl in position for sticking and bleeding and comprising an adjustable frame member adapted to engage with the head of the fowl or turkey and hold the mouth open, guideways on the frame designed to direct a knife to first stick and then bleed the fowl or turkey.
5. The combination with an adjustable frame adapted to hold in an operative position the head of a turkey or fowl with the mouth open, of guideways in the frame and a combine manually-operated sticking and bleeding knife engaging first one guideway and then the other to stick and bleed the turkey or fowl.