Drying Frame (Patent No: 374941)
Inventor: Lofts, Arthur L.
Description: Having regard to the foregoing disclosure, the patent of which this specification forms part confers, subject to the conditions prescribed in The Patent Act 1935, the exclusive right, privilege and liberty of making, constructing, using and vending to others to be used, the invention as defined in claims submitted by the patentee as follows:
1. A drying frame comprising a pair of shape defining members spaced apart from one another and disposed side by side, means for connecting said members together adjacent to their upper and lower ends, means associated with said connecting means for spacing apart the upper and/or lower ends to any desired previously determined extent, and means for looking the upper end lower ends in adjusted position.
2. A drying frame comprising a pair of shape defining members spaced apart from one another and disposed side by side, connecting members pivotally mounted on the shape defining members and pivotally connected together, one of said connecting members having an enlarged portion adjacent to its point of pivotal connection with the other connecting member, said enlarged portion having an arcuate edge, the surface of said enlarged portion adjacent the arcuate edge being graduated to indicate desired sizes, said graduated portion co-operating with said other connecting member to locate the desired size to which the shape defining members are to be adjusted and releasable means for securing said connecting members against movement when in adjusted position.
3. A device as claimed in claim 2 in which the enlargement is in the form of a slotted quadrant and the locking means includes a pin on one of said connecting members projecting through said slot, said pin having a clamping member associated therewith to lock the connecting members in adjusted position.
4. A device as claimed in claim 2 in which the shape-defining members are formed with inwardly extending shoulders at both ends, the intermediate portions of said members being long and narrow, the pairs of connecting members being pivotally connected to the shoulders, and operating within an area defined by the shoulders and the intermediate narrow portions of the shape-defining members, whereby said connecting members are confined within said shape defining members whether in operative or collapsed condition.
5. A device as claimed in claim 1 in which a flexible member is provided on the frame to permit anchoring of the article placed thereon against longitudinal movement, and means associated therewith for locking said flexible member in taut position.
6. A drying frame comprising a pair of shape-defining members spaced apart from one another and disposed side by side, pairs of connecting links pivotally connected at one end to parts of the shape-defining members and having their other ends pivotally connected together, one of said connecting members of each pair having an enlargement in the form of a slotted quadrant. the pivotal connection between said connecting members being located at the true centre of said quadrant, the latter having a scale thereon to indicate various sizes to which parts of the shape-defining members may be adjusted, the connecting members pivoted to the quadrants having a pin projected through the slot of each quadrant, a locking member in connection with said pin for looking the connecting members and likewise the shape-defining members in predetermined adjusted position and means associated with the connecting members, which are pivoted to the quadrants, to co-operate with the sca1e on the quadrants for indicating the size desired.
7. A device as claimed in claim 6 in which a flexible member is provided on the frame to permit anchoring of the material placed thereon against longitudinal movement, and means associated therewith for looking said flexible member in taut position.