Here are some tips on How to Deal with Conflict.
To handle conflict among your team members:
- Ask those who disagree to paraphrase one
another's comments. This may help them learn if they
really understand one another.
- Work out a compromise to find a solution.
- Ask each member of the group to list what the
"other side" should do, exchange lists, and select a
compromise all are willing to accept.
- Have the sides write 10 questions for their opponents.
The answers may lead to a compromise.
- Convince team members that they sometimes may
have to admit they are wrong. Help them to save face
by convincing them that changing a position may
- Respect the experts on the team. Give their
opinions more weight when the conflict involves
their expertise, but don't rule out conflicting opinions.
(Source: Making Teams Succeed at Work).