14 ½ units including:
(1) Social science requirements: 3 units including SOCI 151 - Introductory Sociology; ECON 102 - Introduction to Economics; and at least one course from departments in the Division of the Social Sciences, but outside of Economics and Sociology;
(2) Natural science requirements: 4 units from at least 2 departments in the Division of the Natural Sciences, 2 of which must include laboratory work from any department. One of the non-lab science requirements may be met with ECON 209 - Probability and Statistics;
(3) STS 200 - Conceptualizing STS: Theories and Practice;
(4) 5 additional units in STS, with no more than 1 at the 100-level and at least one at the 300-level. Ordinarily these are courses that originate or are cross-listed in STS. Additional courses may meet this requirement with the approval of the director;
(5) STS 300 - Senior Thesis and STS 301 - Senior Seminar.
After declaration of the major, all required courses must be taken for a letter grade.
At least 3 units in a sequence of courses leading to the 300-level in any department or program, but not including courses counting towards the requirement for 5 additional courses in STS (#4) above.