Traceability in the U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory and Industry Studies
By Elise Golan, Barry Krissoff, Fred Kuchler, Linda Calvin, Kenneth Nelson, and Gregory Price
Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER-830) 56 pp,
This investigation into the traceability baseline in the United States finds that private sector food firms have developed a substantial capacity to trace.
See also a related brochure.
Keywords: traceability, traceback, tracking, recall, tracing, supply-side management, food safety, product differentiation, ERS, USDA
In this report ...
in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, Contents, 43 kb
- Summary, 39 kb
- Introduction and Methodology, 44 kb
- Efficient Traceability Systems Vary, 95 kb
- Industry Studies: Private-Sector Traceability Systems Balance
Private Costs and Benefits, 137 kb
- Market Failure in the Supply of Traceability: Industry and Government Response, 59 kb
- Conclusion, 39 kb
- References, 45 kb
Order this report (stock #AER-830)
Updated date: March 18, 2004