Rural America, Vol. 17, Issue 3
Douglas Bower, Editor
Rural America No. (RA-173)
About this magazine
This issue of Rural America examines the aging of the rural population; describing the elderly population in rural America, recent trends in older population change in nonmetro areas, characteristics of older farmers, and federal funding in nonmetro elderly counties. Other articles discuss rural housing prices, rural water supply systems, and the impact of the Conservation Reserve Program on socioeconomic conditions in North Dakota. Rural updates include hired farmworker earning and federal funds in rural America.
In this report ...
Articles are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Contents, 325 kb
- Frontmatter, 65 kb
- The Older Population in 21st Century Rural America, 337 kb
- Recent Trends in Older Population Change and Migration for Nonmetro Areas, 1970-2000, 1,289 kb
- Federal Funding in Nonmetro Elderly Counties, 471 kb
- The Graying Farm Sector: Legacy of Off-Farm Migration , 188 kb
- Aging in Rural and Regional Australia, 1,703 kb
- Small Rural Communities' Quest for Safe Drinking Water, 137 kb
- Rural Housing Prices Grew Rapidly in the 1990s, 355 kb
- Socioeconomic Impacts of the Conservation Reserve Program in North Dakota, 140 kb
- Farm Labor: Hired Farmworkers' Earnings Increased in 2001 But Still Trail Most Occupations, 340 kb
- Federal Funds in Rural America: Payments Vary by Region and Type of County, 256 kb
Entire Report, 4,828 kb
Order this report (stock #RA-173)
Past Issues pdf format
Updated date: November 2002