LETTER TO PHONG BUI: PRACTICING PERFORMANCE ARTIST-CURATORS
LETTER TO PHONG BUI
DEAR PHONG BUI,
I have been participating in PERFORMANCE ART FESTIVALS… organized by PERFORMANCE ARTIST-CURATORS.
What a wonderful experience: and maybe one u might want to research in your wonderful: THE BROOKLYN RAIL.
Some PERFORMANCE ART venues and artist-curators to consider:
1. GRACE EXHIBITION SPACE; ROSEKILL; THE KINGSTON ART/LIFE INSTITUTE: JILL McDERMID and ERIK HOKANSON
2. Bbeyond: BRIAN PETERSON, SIOBHAN MULLEN & ALASTAIR MacLENNAN
3. DEFRIBULATOR GALLERY/RAPID PULSE: JOSEPH RAVENS
4. ART IN ODD PLACES: ED WOODHAM
5. INDEPENDENT CURATOR : NICOLAS DUMIT ESTEVEZ
6. And so many more, world-wide. That is, practicing performance artists who are presenting, housing, feeding hosting other performance artists!!!!
There is something notable and magical and documentable happening at each of these places: artists giving other artists a chance to be truly authentic and pure.
The level of generosity, kindness, understanding, hospitality and sharing is unprecedented. It is good art and great LIFE.
Please consider sharing with your readers the beauty of their important contribution to performance-art and performance-life.
Linda Mary Montano, Saugerties N.Y. 2016