LINDA MARY MONTANO'S PRAYER PERFORMANCE:A STUDY IN RECYCLING
ON July 4, August 1, September 5 and October 3, 2009, I will dress as MOTHER TERESA OF CALCUTTA and offer individaul prayers for those attending the Kingston Sculpture Biennial openings.
1. I will "recycle" MYSELF because as a 67 year old performance artist, I repeat the same images from the last 40 years,over and over.
2. I will "recycle" AN APPEARANCE OF MOTHER TERESA OF CALCUTTA,a Roman Catholic saint.
3. I will "recycle" and creatively use THE MOVEMENT DISORDER I have called, cervical dystonia, which allows me to imitate Mother Teresa of Calcutta's bent over and spastic looking posture as she aged.
4. I will "recycle" imagery and inspiration from one of THOMAS COLE'S PAINTINGS of the 4 ages of humans who are accompanied by angels.
5. I will "recycle" CARDBOARD AND PLASTIC BAGS and make angel wings which I will use in the performance.
6. I will "recycle" a WHITE SARI my second mother from India gave me. Her name is Dr. Aruna Mehta.
7. You will "recycle" the PRAYER I SAY FOR YOU and offer a prayer for SOMEONE IN YOUR LIFE, whenever you wish.