Dear Volunteers for the WE ARE ALL HUNGRY performance,
First I want to thank you for participating and to thank Ed for including me and Yuchen for organizing the details. As you hopefully can see from the images enclosed, you will be feeding me food that I will provide. You will do this very slowly and silently. There will be signs indicating that this is a silent performance so the audience will not be encouraged to ask questions, plus the sound we are using will fill the space and discourage interaction with the audience.
COSTUME; Please wear all white clothing. Shoes also if possible. Look like a "caregiver" or nurse. Your hair can be "nurse-like" and for the nurse hat you have some options. Please don't buy anything. Borrow if you need to. For the hat:
- Make your own but make it look really authentic. Go online to find how to do this.
- You can get one on Amazon in case you ever want to be a nurse sometime in the future!!!!
- I will also bring a white scarf-like head gear that looks like a nurse's hat.
WHAT WE DO
- We stand in a designated spot for two hours. You feed me when you are inspired to do so. I will bring the spoons/food. If you wish, bring a small chair if you need to sit. That is fine. No intense rules .
- On April 5, we will be at the Amphitheatre from 11-1pm.
- On April 6 we will be at the Mall. Space to be determined by Ed and Yuchen.
- Before we begin we make a circle of paper flowers that I will bring...newspapers made to look like flowers. We stand in this circle with our signs Yuchen is providing.
This is about many things: HUNGER AND HEALING. With references to: respect for the body as it is, migrants without food, starvation of many in the world right now, eating disorders, mindful eating, nursing homes, no more free lunches for children at school , MGO's, poisoned crops and many more issues.
Your focus is to choose something in your life you want to address and bring healing awareness to. This can be something private or if you like we can name each other's intention just before we begin.
Performance is powerful and helps raise consciousness inside the performer and in the audience as well.
TIME: Please be there one half hour/45 minutes before we begin. So that would be 10:15/ 10:30.
CONCERNS: If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to call me. Also if you would like, send me an image of your "nurse costume." My phone is
My email is email@example.com
With gratitude to Ed woodham for inviting me, to the University of Virginia for hosting me, to Yuchen for arranging everything and to you for performing with me.
And if in the future I can be of help to you, please ask.